Household Hazardous Waste Facility
Memphis and Shelby County Household Hazardous Waste Facility is located at 6305 Haley Road in Memphis, TN 38134. It is open on Tuesdays and Saturdays from 8:30 AM to 1:00 PM and closed on Shelby County holidays. The facility is open to Shelby County residents only.
LIMIT OF DROP-OFF MATERIALS
- 100 Pounds OR 15 Gallons per vehicle per month (once every 30 days).
- Electronics - One per household. (Computer, Monitor, Keyboard, Printer)
- NO COMMERCIAL OR BUSINESS WASTE (Large or Small) ACCEPTED.
RECYCLE HOT LINE NUMBER - 222-7729
FREE DISPOSAL OF RESIDENTIAL HOUSEHOLD COOKING OIL ONLY.
Cooking oils are a new item being accepted at the HHW facility.
Leftover Latex Paint
The number one item collected in Memphis and Shelby County during our previous one-day annual events is...latex paint.
Use It Up! Pass It On! OR Dry It Up! Simply remove the lid and place in a safe, well-ventilated area. Cans with 1/4 or less will dry in a few days. For cans with greater volume, add mulch or cat-litter to dry up the paint. Once it is dry, it is okay to place in a separate bag down inside your garbage. Place your empty or dried paint cans in your trash for regular collection!
- Aerosol Spray Cans
- Automotive Fluids
- Motor Oil Batteries (Automotive)
- Cleaners (Oven, Toilet)
- Adhesives Stains and Varnishes
- Electronics (Computer, Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, Printer)
- Cell Phones
- Flammable Liquids (Gasoline, Kerosene, Paint thinner)
- Drain Cleaners
- Fluorescent tubes
- Herbicides Pesticides (poisons)
- Fertilizers Paint (Oil based)
- Pool Chemicals
- Other items such as: Cooking Oils or Grease, Moth balls, Insect Repellent and Mercury thermostats
If you have any questions regarding an item, please ask the manager, at the permanent Household Hazardous Waste Facility for a complete listing of the acceptable and unacceptable items.
Note: This is a general list and is subject to change.