NOTICE TO CONSULTANT ENGINEERS REGARDING A REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS AND LETTERS OF INTEREST
City of Millington, an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer, seeks to retain the services of a professional consultant engineering firm to provide services related to but not limited to NEPA, Design, ROW and CEI Services. The project (PIN#130917.00) Easley Street from (US-51 to Navy Road) and Shelby Road from (Quito Road to US-51). This project will include the following; Breakouts-Milling-Paving-Striping-Signs-ADA Improvements-Signal Improvements-maintaining eGrants-renewal of the NEPA document, and all other requirements / documents to comply with TDOT Local Programs. This project is funded with local, and federal funds. The project shall be accomplished in accordance with TDOT Local Programs guidelines. The professional consultant engineering consulting firm must be on TDOT’s pre-approved list or have a completed pre-qualification form filed with TDOT by the deadline for the Letters of Interest. The prequalified firm must have unlimited status. Responsibilities of the professional consultant firm include, but are not limited to:
Required Scope of Services
- Preparation and submittal of all required NEPA documentation
- Project design
- Produce required plates & Coordinate ROW acquisition as needed
- Obtain all necessary permits for the project
- Prepare bid specifications and construction plans
- Prepare bid notice
- Assist the City in evaluation of bids and recommendation for contract award
- Any other services needed to complete NEPA, design, right-of-way, and bidding for construction of the project.
- CEI Services
Estimated Schedule for Performance of Work
- May 10, 2021-Consultant selected
- May 17, 2021-Signed contract with consultant
- May 17, 2022-Bid project for construction
Firms may request consideration by submitting a letter of interest along with qualifications to the City of Millington, 7930 Nelson Street, Millington, TN 38053 Attn: Jason Dixon. All letters of interest and qualifications must be received by the City of Millington on or before May 6, 2021, at 2:00 pm central time. The letter of interest and qualifications shall indicate the scope of services to be completed by any sub-consultants. The method of payment will be lump sum.
Phase I Evaluation
For Phase I evaluations firms shall submit letters of interest with firm contact information including name, address and e-mail of primary contact. The letters of interest shall also include:
Work experience in the required disciplines with TDOT, the Agency, and/or other clients
- Qualification and availability of staff
- Experience as prime consultant on projects of similar size and scope.
- Amount of work under contract with TDOT and other clients.
From the letters of interest, the City of Millington will select 3 qualified firms to submit Phase II qualifications. From this list the top ranked consultant will be selected.
Phase II Evaluation
The City of Millington will evaluate the top 3 firms on the following criteria (relative weight):
Firms qualifications and experience on similar contracts. (20%)
- Project approach/methodology. (10%)
- Key project personal qualifications & experience. (20%)
- Firms availability of staff. (30%)
- Demonstrated ability to meet schedules without compromising sound engineering practice. (20%)
The consultant evaluation committee holds the ability to conduct interviews based on scoring as Phase III Evaluation.
Prequalification procedures, example letter of interest, list of pre-qualified firms and certified DBEs, TDOT’s standard procurement policy, and additional information can be found at this internet address http://www.tn.gov/tdot/topic/consultantinfo. For information on prequalification, please contact Christine Smotherman at (615)741-4460 or .
Evaluation proceedings will be conducted within the established guidelines regarding equal employment opportunity and nondiscriminatory action based upon the grounds of race, color, sex, creed or national origin. Interested certified Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) firms as well as other minority-owned and women-owned firms are encouraged to respond to all advertisements by the City of Millington. For information on DBE certification, please contact David Neese at (615)741-3681 or . Details and instructions for DBE certification can be found at the following website: http://www.tn.gov/tdot/topic/small-business