NOTICE TO CONSULTANT ENGINEERS REGARDING A REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS AND LETTERS OF INTEREST
March 20, 2020
The City of Millington, an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer, seeks to retain the services of a professional consultant firm to provide Construction Engineering Inspection (CEI) services for the construction on the NAVY ROAD STREETSCAPE PHASE 2 PROJECT (PIN 123166.01). The project shall be accomplished in accordance with TDOT Local Programs guidelines. The professional consultant consulting firm must be on TDOT’s pre-approved list or have a completed pre-qualification form filed with TDOT by the deadline for Letters of Interest. Responsibilities of the professional consultant firm include, but are not limited to:
Required Scope of Services
- Construction Engineering Inspection (CEI)
Estimated Schedule for Performance of Work
- Mid-May, 2020 - Pre-Construction Meeting
- Mid-June, 2020 - Construction of Navy Road Streetscape Phase 2 Starts
Firms may request consideration by submitting a letter of interest along with qualifications to the City of Millington, 7930 Nelson Street, Millington, TN 38053 Attn: Jason Dixon. All letters of interest and qualifications must be received by the City of Millington on or before April 10, 2020, at 2:00 pm central time. The letter of interest and qualifications shall indicate the scope of services to be completed by any sub-consultants. The method of payment will be lump sum.
Phase I Evaluation
For Phase I evaluations firms shall submit letters of interest with firm contact information including name, address and e-mail of primary contact. The letters of interest shall also include:
- Work experience in the required disciplines with TDOT, the Agency, and/or other clients
- Availability of staff and Qualification
- Experience as prime consultant on projects of similar size and scope.
- Amount of work under contract with TDOT and other clients.
- Staff with current TDOT certificates for the following: Local Government Guidelines for the Management of Federal and State Funded Transportation projects
From the letters of interest, the City of Millington will select 3 qualified firms to evaluate per Phase II Evaluation, below. From that list the top ranked consultant will be selected.
Phase II Evaluation
The City of Millington will evaluate the top 3 firms on the following criteria (relative weight):
1) Firm experience in TDOT LP Projects. (25%)
2) Past experience in the discipline and in projects similar to that specified herein (15%)
3) Availability of staff and subcontractors expected to do this work (25%)
4) Firm’s awareness of project’s issues, opportunities and constraints (15%)
5) Demonstrated ability to meet schedules (20%)
The consultant evaluation committee holds the ability to conduct interviews based on scoring as Phase III Evaluation.
Prequalification procedures, example letter of interest, list of pre-qualified firms and certified DBEs, TDOT’s standard procurement policy, and additional information can be found at this internet address http://www.tn.gov/tdot/topic/consultantinfo. For information on prequalification, please contact Christine Smotherman at (615)741-4460 or .
Evaluation proceedings will be conducted within the established guidelines regarding equal employment opportunity and nondiscriminatory action based upon the grounds of race, color, sex, creed or national origin. Interested certified Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) firms as well as other minority-owned and women-owned firms are encouraged to respond to all advertisements by the City of Millington. For information on DBE certification, please contact David Neese at (615)741-3681 or . Details and instructions for DBE certification can be found at the following website: http://www.tn.gov/tdot/topic/small-business.