Accounts are not considered paid until the payment is posted to the customer’s account. Water payments are posted to customers accounts as paid according to the following rules:
- Bills paid in City Hall are posted immediately.
- Bills received in the mail are posted on the day received.
- Bills left in the drop box at City Hall are posted the next business day.
- Bills paid online or by phone to UtilityFlex (BIS) through 11 PM Millington time are posted the next business day.
If a due date is on a non-business day for the City, payment must be received on the last business day before the due date.
Water bills are issued near each month end for a monthly period ending about two weeks before the bill date.
- The due date is the dated printed on the bill under the heading "Pay Gross After".
- The bill is considered late if payment is not posted by close of business on the due date.
- A late fee of 10% is added to unpaid accounts after the due date.
- If payment is not posted to an account by close of business on the last day to pay shown on the bill:
- A delinquent fee of $25.00 is added.
- Water is disconnected.
Before service is restored for non-payment, all amounts due must be paid. Service will only be restored on city business days. Service can be restored between 8 AM and 4 PM Monday through Thursday and until 3 PM on Friday.
Please note that we are using old bill stock and information on the back of the bill no longer applies.
Dates for 2020 are as follows: